English is the world’s most widely spoken language. It’s most people’s first language in America, Canada, England, Scotland, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. And it is understood in many countries in the East, and Europe too. English also makes a good common language if you meet people whose language you don’t understand.
Talk the Talk! English
If you are between 12 and 20 and want to connect with locals of your own age while travelling, Talk the Talk English (British) is the course for you. Why? This course helps teenagers make easy social conversation. Instead of slowing you down with too much grammar and vocabulary you don’t need, Talk the Talk includes the up-to-date English words and phrases people actually use. The course is based on many situations that apply to young people no matter what language they speak. Your English accent will improve quickly from listening to native speakers.
It helps to know a few basic words before you start. Even if you do know a few words, we know you are still a beginner. For this reason, in Talk the Talk everything you hear is clearly spoken at a reasonable speed so you won’t feel left behind. You can test your speaking skills by recording yourself, then playing back to compare your pronunciation with a native speaker. With Talk the Talk you can build your confidence by playing games on a computer before heading off to make some friends in a real-life situation!
With iLearn’s Talk the Talk English (British), you will be able to communicate easily with most people all over the world. You will understand and talk about things that are interesting and relevant to you. You can even carry on learning in the airport, train or bus station or ferry. Just print out the phrasebook sheets included in the programme and take them with you.
- Designed with teenagers’ interests in mind
- No unnecessary or boring information
- Teaches phrases that you are likely to use such as “Let’s meet up tomorrow”
- Topics include family, school, hobbies, travelling, home, technology, work and sport
- Watch video footage of native speakers
- Build confidence on a computer
- Includes interactive games
- Comprehension quiz prompts you to react to real life situations
- Recording quiz tests your knowledge and pronunciation
- Keep learning on the move