What is a Hosted Learnership
“860 people have joined the unemployment queues every day since 2008.” - Stats SA
How can we work together to change this? Should you want to play a part in developing our economy, but have no space to place the learners within your own business, there is a solution - a Hosted Learnership.
A Hosted Learnership is a partnership between two companies, whereby one company (the sponsor) funds the Learnership programme, and the other company (the host) provides the workplace facility and dedicated mentors to assist and guide learners through their journey. The end outcome is enabled learners that can affectively apply their newly gained knowledge and experience.
Relationship to the learner:
- Contractually agrees to employ those learners for a specified period of time.
- They are the learners’ primary employer and responsible for the full employment relationship.
- Contractually agrees to provide the learners with an appropriate and equipped workplace.
- Their HR policies and workplace procedures will apply to the learners during this time.
HOSTED LEARNERSHIP BENEFITS
- Play an active part in job creation without having to host the learners on your premises.
- Ability to claim BBBEE points for the learners' monthly stipend, recruitment costs, host fees and training fees.
- Leverage the relevant tax rebates.
- Access to additional people resources.
- Access to a new talent pool.
- Ability to claim BBBEE points for the mentorship and on-the-job training hours.
- Ability to claim BBBEE points for all the sundry costs associated with the Learnership.
- Decreased unemployment rate.