At iLearn we believe in making the complex, simple. In an ever-changing world, we still have one constant – the investment into the development and sustainability of people is pivotal to future economic participation. With this in mind, we have strategically aligned our learning solutions to have a tangible and meaningful social and economic impact, whilst maximising your contributions across several elements of the B-BBEE scorecard. In other words, our new Integrated Learning Solution, which has skills development at its foundation, ensures that B-BBEE is implemented in the most cost effective and meaningful manner.
RETURN ON INVESTMENT
The biggest advantage of iLearn’s Integrated Learning Solution is the tax allowance benefit. These benefits have been extended until 2029. Utilising the tax allowance can significantly decrease the cost of your investment and reduce your company's tax rate.
- Manufacturing company
- Operating across South Africa
- 1050 employees
- NPAT of 10M
- Payroll of R15,7M
- Strategic objective: to obtain the maximum number of points on their B-BBEE scorecard, whilst upskilling people.
Company A partners with iLearn, a Level 2 QSE Black Designated Group Supplier. iLearn proposes 2 x Learnership programmes to help Company A achieve its goal of claiming the maximum number of points across several elements in its B-BBEE scorecard.
- The cost of R600,000 for Learnership 1 meets the minimum spend for 16 points under the Skills Development element.
- Due to the Learnership Tax Incentive, Company A is able to claim R720,000 before Tax, which reduces its tax percentage to 26,48%. As a result, Company A gets R600,000 worth of Skills Development B-BBEE points for the cost of only R230,400.
- 9 unemployed Black learners are upskilled, 3 of which are disabled.
- The cost of R400,000 for Learnership 2 meets the minimum spend for 20 points under Enterprise Development, Supplier Development and Socio-Economic Development.
- Due to the Learnership Tax Incentive, Company A is able to claim R800,000 before Tax on Learnership 2, which reduces its tax percentage to 26,34%. As a result, Company A gets R400,000 worth of B-BBEE points for the cost of R64,000.
- 10 Black learners are upskilled.
MEANINGFUL SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC IMPACT
The upskilled Black learners become a strong talent pool from which to recruit. Some go on to start their own businesses that can then grow into preferred suppliers of Company A.
Through our Integrated Learning Solution you will be able to claim up to 47 points across the elements in your B-BBEE scorecard in the most cost effective manner, whilst contributing to the economy and society.