The course is recommended for managers, supervisors, or for individuals who desire to successfully supervise or manage business processes effectively and efficiently.
CBP – Business Management
The CBP Business Management training and certification program is geared towards persons interested in pursuing a career in management or improving their management skills. The course provides the essential information and skills required by professionals who have to make decisions that are important to the direction and performance of an organization or business. If a practical approach to managing in any environment is what you need, then this course is for you.
The first part of the course introduces the challenges of business management and teaches some of the essential skills needed to address these challenges and be successful at managing. It also gives direction as to how to organize, prioritize and delegate tasks, including utilizing some of the technological tools that computer technology offers to increase managerial effectiveness and efficiency.
The second part of the course covers the major aspects of management that are needed to ensure that business is conducted in a manner that is progressive, profitable, effective and efficient. Participants will learn how to reduce costs, make the best use of time, and improve the quality of their product and/or service. They will also learn the fundamentals of financial management to ensure that budgets are controlled and fiscal responsibility is maintained. This course also provides a guide to hiring and managing people for optimum work performance. Finally, it makes managers aware of some of the risks that businesses face and teaches how to address them confidently.
Duration30 hours/5 days. Training can be arranged according to your date and time requirements, delivered ONSITE at your premises. Training times can be arranged in more manageable sessions of 3 hours over 8 days.
This course requires that students meet the following prerequisites:
- The candidate must have a commitment to the pursuit of excellence.
- The candidate must have completed or be in the process of completing a high school or secondary school diploma or similar educational standards.
Introduction to Business Management
- What is Management?
- What’s the Role of Management?
- Styles of Management
- The Business Environment
- Laws Affecting the Business Environment
Business Skills for Managing
- Leadership vs. Management
- Effective Decision Making
- Business Comunication
- Communication and Vision
- Strategies for Team Building
- Business Plan Development
- Time Management
Organize and Prioritze
- How to Organize Paper and Computer Files
- How to Prioritize Tasks
- Other Forms of Organization
- Develop an Effective Writing Style
Delegation without Micromanagement
- Trusting Employees
- Successfully Delegating Tasks
- Monitoring for Delegation
- Technology and Management
- Computer Software
- Applications Enhance the Manager’s Capability
- Computers and Functionality
- Technological Opportunities
- What is Marketing Management?
- Why Do You Need a Marketing Strategy?
- Creating a Marketing Plan
- Marketing Measurement and Control Systems
- Strategies for Persuasive Writing
- Writing a Persuasive Letter
- Process Improvement
- Measures and Controls for Quality
- Types of Control Measures
- Financial Control Measures
- The Importance of Budgets
- Identifying Budget Categories
- Accounting Terms You Should Know
- Determining Assets
- What is Equity?
- Reading a Financial Statement
- Double-Entry Accounting
Human Resources Management
- Human Resource Management
- What to Look for in a Job Candidate
- Motivating Employees to Perform Well
- When is Punishment Appropriate?
- Terminating Employees
- Ethics in Management
- Types of Risk Management
- Steps of the Risk Management Process
- Risk Assessment
- Development of a Risk Management Plan
- Plan Review and Adjustments