You will create and manage a project schedule using Microsoft® Project 2010.
Project 2010 – Beginners
This course is designed for a person who has an understanding of project management concepts, who is responsible for creating and modifying project plans, and who needs a tool to manage those project plans.
Duration6 hours. Training times can be arranged according to your date and times requirements, delivered on-site at your premises. Training times can be arranged in more manageable sessions of 3 hours over 2 days.
Students enrolling in this class should have the following:
- A general introductory–level understanding of project management concepts. Courses that help fulfill this requirement include: Project Management Fundamentals (Second Edition).
- Basic end–user skills with any current Windows operating system. Courses that help fulfill this requirement include: Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional: Level 1 or Microsoft® Windows® Vista™: Level 1 or Microsoft® Windows® 7: Level 1.
LESSON 1: GETTING STARTED WITH MICROSOFT PROJECT
Topic 1A: Explore the Microsoft Project 2010 Environment
Topic 1B: Display an Existing Project Plan in Different Views
LESSON 2: CREATING A PROJECT PLAN
Topic 2A: Create a Project Plan
Topic 2B: Assign a Project Calendar
Topic 2C: Add Tasks to a Project Plan
Topic 2D: Enter the Task Duration Estimates
Topic 2E: Add Resources to a Project Plan
LESSON 3: MANAGING TASKS IN A PROJECT PLAN
Topic 3A: Outline Tasks
Topic 3B: Link Dependent Tasks
Topic 3C: Set Task Constraints and Deadlines
Topic 3D: Add Notes to a Task
Topic 3E: Add a Recurring Task
LESSON 4: MANAGING RESOURCES IN A PROJECT PLAN
Topic 4A: Create a Resource Calendar
Topic 4B: Assign Resources to Tasks
Topic 4C: Enter Costs for Resources
Topic 4D: Resolve Resource Conflicts
LESSON 5: FINALIZING A PROJECT PLAN
Topic 5A: Shorten a Project Using the Critical Path
Topic 5B: Set a Baseline
Topic 5C: Print a Project Summary Report
Appendix A: Additional Procedures to Create a Schedule in Microsoft Project 2010
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the basic features and components of the Microsoft Project environment.
- Create a new project plan file and enter project information.
- Manage tasks by organizing tasks and setting task relationships.
- Manage resources for a project.
- Finalize a project plan.