This qualification is geared towards individuals interested or involved in an organisation’s administration function (including non-commercial organisations such as clubs and charitable organisations) who have relevant experience but no formal qualifications.
NC: Business Administration (NQF3)
The purpose of this qualification is:
- To provide the broad knowledge, skills and values needed in the administration field in all sector.
- To promote the development of knowledge, skills and values required for service excellence within the field of administration.
- To provide opportunities for people to move up the value chain.
The core component contains competencies in Information Handling, Communications, Enterprise/customer service, Technology, Organisation skills, Self-development, Teamwork and Business policies and procedures. The elective component allows the learner to gain specialist knowledge, skills and insight in the areas of Reception, Executive Administration, Financial Services and Banking, Legal administration and Human Resources.
DurationThis qualification is run as a Learnership over a 12 month period. Candidates will need to attend 3 days (on average) of training each month in addition to completing their assignments.
Learning assumed to be in place:
- Communication NQF 2
- Mathematical Literacy NQF 2
Learning Programme 1A: PC Skills (10 credits)
Learning Programme 1B: Business Research (9 credits)
Learning Programme 2: The Business Environment (15 credits)
(14357, 7785, 7796)
Learning Programme 3: Business Communication (13 credits)
Learning Programme 4: Business Reception (11 credits)
(13928, 13930, 7790)
Learning Programme 5: Business Writing Skills (10 credits)
Learning Programme 6: Numeracy Skills (11 credits)
(9010, 9012, 9013)
Learning Programme 7: Financial Administration (11 credits)
Learning Programme 8: Teamwork Skills (11 credits)
(10170, 8420, 7860, 9533)
Learning Programme 9: Meeting Administration (7 credits)
Learning Programme 10: Business Administration (12 credits)
(13937, 13931, 13933, 7706)
On achieving this qualification, the learner will be able to:
- Gather and report information
- Plan, monitor and control and information system
- Maintain booking systems
- Participate in meetings and process documents and communications related thereto
- Utilise technology to produce information
- Plan and conduct basic research in an office environment
- Coordinate meetings, minor events and travel arrangements
- Set personal goals
- Function in a team and overall business environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of employment relations