This qualification is needed to empower entry level employees to deal effectively with the public and to make a meaningful, positive contribution to customer satisfaction and to the image of the organisation. Learners accessing this qualification will be able to work in call centres involving marketing, account management, sales, hospitality, tourism, emergency services, retail, telecommunications, financial services, credit control, etc.
NC: Contact Centre & BPO Support (NQF3)
The contact centre and/or Business Process Outsourcing industry is increasingly becoming more diverse, complex, and growing at a fast rate both nationally and internationally. Customer service is the key to success in the sector and this demands expert utilisation of technology which handles both basic and complex transactions. This qualification is intended for persons who already work as Contact Centre and/or Business Process Outsourcing agents or who wish to join the industry. The qualification will equip learners with the underpinning knowledge and skills to be able to supply high quality customer service.
DurationThis qualification is run as a Learnership over 12 months. Candidates will need to attend 3 days of training (on average) each month in addition to completing their assignments.
Learning assumed to be in place:
- Communication at NQF Level 2
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 2
- Computer Literacy at NQF Level 3
- Competence in a second South African language would be a great advantage
Learning Programme 1: Contact Centre and BPO Practices (9 credits)
Learning Programme 2: Communication Skills (15 credits)
Learning Programme 3: Mathematical and Financial Literacy (11 credits)
Learning Programme 4: Call Management (11 credits)
Learning Programme 5: Customer Interaction (20 credits)
Learning Programme 6:Debt Recovery (17 credits)
On completion, learners will be able to:
- Provide effective customer service in a contact centre and/or Business Process Outsourcing industry
- Use communication technology in a contact centre e.g. telephone, fax, email, internet, intranet, multifunction devices, webchat, SMS and letters
- Capture data to track interactions
- Work effectively as a team member in a group