iLearn pioneers first blended IT Learnership in South Africa
The new Information Technology (IT) Technical Support Learnership is based on a cutting-edge new Learnership model that uses Blended Learning: an approach that innovatively takes advantage of both digital learning and the tried-and-tested benefits of instructor-led learning. Digital learning offers exceptional convenience, pace, choice and flexibility, while instructor-led learning, in a face-to-face learning environment guided by expert facilitators, brings structure to the learning experience.
Companies implementing this new qualification can now also take advantage of the benefits afforded to other NQF-accredited qualifications, namely skills grants, tax rebates and an increase in points on their BBBEE scorecards.
FET: IT Technical Support NQF Level 4
Purpose and rationale:
The IT Technical Support Learnership is designed for anyone who wants to pursue a career in the computer industry, specifically in the IT sub-field of Technical Support (assisting with software, hardware, electronics and networks), or anyone who intends to study further in the field of Technical Support. This qualification will equip qualifying learners with well-rounded, entry-level professional Technical Support skills and good fundamental knowledge of the Information Technology field, coupled with interpersonal and business skills.
On completion, learners will receive both the local SAQA qualification at NQF Level 4 (186 credits) and
the CompTIA A+ and Network+ international certifications (exam numbers: 220-901, 220-902 and
Learning assumed to be in place:
• English and Mathematical Literacy at NQF level 3.
• Competency in skills gained at the further education and training band.
• Competency in ‘participating in formal meetings’ at NQF Level 2.
• The ability to use a personal computer competently.
|Learning Programme 1:||Learning Programme 2:||Learning Programme 3:||Learning Programme 4:|
|Computer Technology Principles & Support|
|Data Communication and Networking|
Support (56 credits)
|Communicate Effectively in a Technical Support Environment (48 credits)||Mathematical Literacy (16 credits)|
What makes this Learnership unique is that learners may only need to attend nine days of classroom training over the course of the 12-month Learnership. The rest of the training will take place via video-based facilitation, virtual practical labs and preparation mock exams.
Outcomes of learning:
- Learners will be able to install, upgrade, repair, configure, troubleshoot, optimize, and perform preventative maintenance of basic personal computer hardware and operating systems.
- They will be able to apply a range of IT technical skills and knowledge to provide a variety of support services to users of IT, and problem-solve to resolve user technical problems.
- They will communicate effectively with fellow IT staff and users of information systems.
- They will work effectively as team members.
|Blended Learnership Qualifications|